We have been in the market for a home camera system. I was asked to review a home camera called SHIELDeye SmartCam and I was excited to try it out.
Here is information about this camera:
- HD 720P Resolution
- Night Vision up to 16 ft.
- Motion Detection Alerts
- Wide Angle of View
- Local Storage without extra fee (up to 32GB, FAT32 only)
- 3 x Digital Zoom
- Night Vision: Equipped with eight pieces of infrared LED, the camera captures video in poor lighting environments and even complete darkness. It is essential monitor your assets whether, day or night.
- Motion Detection Recording: The Camera will automatically start recordings when motion is detected and save to the file you designate. The motion detection recording function can be set on your desktop with the software provided in the CD. It avoids meaningless recording and enhances storage capacity.
- Two-Way Audio: The built-in speaker and microphone enable interaction with others near the camera. Having conversations with them via your mobile device while you are traveling or on business trip is easy.
- Easy Installation (P2P Connection)
- Micro SD Card Support: Support up to 32GB local storage to prevent monthly fee.(FAT32 format)
Remote access and watch videos anywhere by SHIELDeye app.
- Instant Alerts: Mobile devices can be connected to the camera after the setup is completed. Users can be noticed with alarms sent to mobile devices when unusual motion is detected or any uncommon situation occurs.
IP Camera * 1
5 V Power Adapter * 1
IP Camera Utility CD * 1
Stand of plastic * 1
Network Cable * 1
The monitoring area can be displayed on the mobile devices via downloading the iOS/Android App. Users are able to view the live camera video from smartphones or tablets anywhere without any restriction. The PC version can be installed with attached disc in the box.
We set up the camera via cable and then via wireless. Both work great. Setup was very easy, we have iPhones and the App works great. The video feed is quick with minimal lag. The intercom option it has is nice but it is slightly muffled. I love that you can make the live feed brighter or darker depending on what you like. My kids love when I am upstairs and talk to them through the intercom. The photo and recording options are great. Overall this is a great camera for home use at a great price.
You can purchase this camera here for $49.99.
***I was given a product in exchange for my honest opinion. This review is based on my experience with the product. I am not affiliated with the company and everything in this review is my opinion.