Seems like everyone I know is getting sick! I was so sick the week before Christmas, and it seemed that it lasted so long and I couldn’t get any relief.
Even though the holidays are behind us, cold season is still in full swing. It can be difficult to stay healthy and keep your immune system strong as you head back to work, the gym, and your daily routine. Here are a few tips from Quantum Health to help you feel your best in 2017!!
- Go to bed early. Studies have shown that sleep deprivation can lead to suppressed immune system function.
- Wash your hands frequently. If you’re tired of hearing this old adage, check out the science behind hand-washing, as reported by the CDC.
- Put down the candy. Avoiding sugar is a great way to keep your immune system in fighting shape. Consuming sugar can suppress your immune system for hours after ingestion.
- Take a walk. Not only is this good for your waistline, but exercise provides a myriad of immune benefits, from flushing out bacteria to slowing the release of stress hormones.
- Keep a roll of TheraZinc lozenges handy. These delicious supplements combine elderberry and zinc to keep you feeling your best. They are easy to keep in a purse or backpack, and dissolve quickly in your mouth.
Zinc Elderberry Lozenges in a Pocket-size roll.
With the addition of Zinc, these lozenges combine two popular, immune-boosting nutrients.*
Research from Europe suggests that Elderberry and Zinc provide the nutritional support your body craves.
Ingredients: Zinc (from Zinc Gluconate), Elderberry Powdered Extract Other Ingredients: Sugar, Dextrose, Fructose, Maltodextrin, Natural Flavor, Magnesium Stearate and Rebaudioside – A (Stevia Extract).
Recently, an analysis of several studies showed that zinc lozenges reduce the length of a cold by one day, especially when taken within 24 hours of the first signs and symptoms of a cold. I am willing to try anything to help reduce cold symptoms. I was pretty excited when I was contacted to try out these Lozenges. I haven’t had a cold yet to really try them out, however the flavor and taste of the Elderberry is great. They are not chalky like some lozenges, and go down nice and smooth. I love that I can keep them in my purse. I am looking forward to really trying these our when I am sick with a cold or virus.
We are giving our readers a chance to win a 14 pack of the Lozenges plus a $25 gift card to Amazon!! One lucky reader will win! Giveaway ends 2/6. U.S. residents only.
*I received these tips plus a 14 pack of Lozenges in exchange for this blog post. All thoughts are my own.