I received the book Raw Energy by Stephanie Tourles from Storey Publishing and Mama Buzz. My family is not the most healthy, but I would like to change that. This book will help. There are wonderful recipes for energy bars, smoothies and snack foods, made from all raw ingredients.
Trying to get my son or even my husband to try most of the foods individual would be next to impossible, but putting them into snack foods or smoothies, now that’s doable. I do have to admit I haven’t tried any of the recipes, but I will soon. Change is hard, but I have help with this book.
Stephanie Tourles explains why we should eat raw foods and does into depth about the foods mentioned in the book.
The book sections include:
* Raw Snack Basics
* Raw Snack Pantry and Kitchen Essentials
* Raw Snack Prep 101: Learning How to Uncook
* Super-Satisfying Raw Nut Milks, Shakes, Smoothies, and Frozen Fruit Creams
* Fit and Fabulous Fruit and Vegetable Juices
* The Snacks that Keep You Going: Energizer Bars, Balls,a nd Bites
* Powerhouse Nut, Seed, and Fruit Blends
* Raw Cereals and Delectable Fruit Parfaits
* Vegetable Jolt: Crispy Chips, Zippy Dips, and Scrumptious Spreads
* Chillin’: Fresh Cold Fruit and Vegetable Soups
* Raw Confections: No guilt, Nutrient Packed Candy and Cookies
My boss can’t wait to try out this book. She’s been eating raw foods for a while now and loves it.
You can purchase Raw Energy from Storey Publishing for $16.95. It’s definitely a great manual to have on hand, especially if you are new to real, healthy eating as we are.
I did receive this book for review purposes from Mama Buzz and Storey Publishing, but the opinions stated are my own.